Coaching since October 2013.
With Ballston CrossFit since January 2018.
Growing up, I tried a wide variety of sports including, football, basketball, and wrestling. Eventually, I found cross-country and track and field. I was drawn in by the simple, scientific nature of measuring results from races and workouts. Most of all I love the hard training and the intensity of the races. After graduating high school, I switched my focus to road running, cycling, and rock climbing. I found CrossFit while trying to find a way to balance my endurance-heavy fitness habits. I was immediately hooked. It is the only activity I have found that satisfies my love of competition and my desire to be the best athlete that I can be. It is also an amazing way to build long-lasting relationships and communities. Most of my best friends are people that I met through CrossFit.
I began coaching CrossFit in 2013 and since then, I have coached in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Massachusetts, and New Zealand. This has given me a chance to experience many different CrossFit communities and has helped me recognize the strong bonds that are formed through these places and the amazing physical and mental changes that people can make through a quality CrossFit program. Seeing other people’s progress inspires me to be the best coach and athlete that I can be. I feel very fortunate to coach the amazing community of athletes at BCF!
I hold the following certifications:
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer, CF-L1
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer, CF-L2
- Certified CrossFit Trainer, CF-L3
- USA Weightlifting Level 1 Sports Performance Coach
- CrossFit Aerobic Capacity
- The Gymnastics Course
- Business of Excellence Immersion Program at CrossFit New England with Ben Bergeron – November 2018
- Participated in CH Fitness & Performance 12-week Coaches Academy led by Olympian Cara Heads
- Master of Science – Physical Education (University of Wisconsin – La Crosse)
- Bachelor of Science – Exercise Science with Coaching Minor (University of Wisconsin – Superior)