Today! Self Defense Seminar with Nova Self Defense from 3:00-5:30pm.
Registration link: http://www.novaselfdefense.com/upcoming-training.html
- Self-defense mindset discussion: becoming less of a target, improving awareness, understanding intuition
- Learn how attacks happen, how to identify the precursors to violence, and when it is appropriate to use your voice or take action
- Simple striking mechanics and practice
- Drills for defending ambush-type attacks
- Defending grabs, punches, & other predatory attacks
** Content will be non-gender specific: concepts, strategies and drills taught are relevant for situations both men and women may encounter
U.S. Marine Corps Sergeant John Rankel, 23, of Speedway, Indiana, assigned to 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, 1 Marine Expeditionary Force, based out of Camp Pendleton, California, was killed on June 7, 2010, while supporting combat operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. He is survived by mother and stepfather Don and Trisha Stockhoff; father and stepmother, Kevin and Kim Rankel; and brothers Nathan Stockhoff and Tyler Rankel.
20 Minute AMRAP:
6 DL (225/155)
7 Burpee Pull-ups
10 KB Swings (32/24)