OverView Of The Week:
Monday: 4 min Interval AMRAP
Tuesday: Back Squat
Wednesday: TnG Power Clean
Thursday: Push Press
Friday: Open Workout 18.3
Saturday: “Big Clean Complex”
5 Year Member Highlight Jon Nahill
– How many days a week do you workout (and typically what time slot)? It used to be 5 days a week, but now that I’m back from injury I’m trying for 3 days a week. Hopefully working it back up to 5.
– What is your favorite thing about BCF? I don’t have to think about anything at all, and it never gets boring. I can show up and get a great workout, surrounded by like minded people with zero preparation on my part.
– What is your favorite movement/workout? Least favorite? Love the clean and jerk. The feeling of accomplishment at the top of a great lift where all the little things fell perfectly into place is something I haven’t found anywhere else. Deadlifts on the other hand. Deadlifts suck.
– What is your favorite post WOD meal? Rocklands chopped pork sandwich with broccoli salad and mashed potatoes. Very paleo.
– What accomplishment are you most proud of (inside or outside the box)? Making it back to the box after breaking my leg in four places with 14 screws keeping it all together. My first box jump after I came back was an oddly terrifying and emotional experience for me.
– What is one goal you would like to accomplish in the next year? I want to hit a 400# back squat.
– What advice can you provide to people new to the box? Don’t let yourself get discouraged or intimidated. Everyone is at a different place in their fitness journey and their story isn’t yours. It’s worth the commitment.
Work 4:00/ Rest 4:00
15 Deadliftts (135/95) (Rx+: 155/105)
30 Double Unders
15 Lateral Burpees over bar
Athletes pick up where they left off on each work period.