Thank you for your great feedback in our 2015 survey. We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your comments and suggestions on how we can continue to improve our operations. Due to your feedback, we are making the following operational changes to improve your experience at our boxes.
– Providing each box with dedicated full-time manager and coach: Going forward, you’ll see Chris focus on the BCF community (Chris@ballstoncrossfit.com) and BJ focusing on the CFR7 community (BJ@crossfitroute7.com). Please reach out directly to these guys regarding membership changes, programming questions, or any other questions you have.
– Adding a Boot Camp program at BCF: starting this week (Wed at 6:30pm), Coach Chris will be leading a Boot Camp class. This 45-60 minute class will be a high energy class dedicated to bodyweight, light weight lifting, core and conditioning development. Fast paced, high intensity training for any and all (CF experience is not required) that have goals to get in better shape, look better, feel better and have a fun-filled workout with Coach Chris! Feel free to bring friends, first class will be free. We offer Boot Camp punch passes for friends interested in signing up. If demand is high for the Wed evening Boot Camp, we will add more time slots.
– Adding a competitors program/team: starting this summer, we’ll be adding a competitors program/WOD every Sat from 2-4pm at CFR7. This 2 hour WOD will be led by Coach BJ and it will be free to Platinum members and $25 cash for Gold members or drop-ins from another box. This is going to be an awesome opportunity to compete against top athletes and train for competitions!
– Monthly skills and mobility classes: we will be adding mobility and skills classes on a monthly basis (typically on weekends). Mobility sessions will be free to all and the skills class will count as a class for Gold members.
– Nutrition seminar: we are working to set up a nutrition seminar at CFR7 (free and all are welcome to join, stay tuned for more details)
– Improved music selection: We welcome you to bring playlists and give them to your coach for your WOD! You can also upload playlists to Spotify and we can access them if you share them with 1247191669 (BCF) and crossfitroute7 (CFR7)
– Notification of events: Some members have recently informed me they were not aware of upcoming events. We have an events section on the right side of the WOD tab on our websites. Events are also listed on the whiteboard.
– App for reserving classes: For those of you unaware, we have a very easy to use app for reserving classes: http://ballstoncrossfit.zenplanner.com
– average class sizes: FYI, listed below are the average class sizes at BCF: In the last month: 10.1 athletes/class Year to date = 10.7 athletes/class
Thanks again for your great feedback!
Hey Guys! Don’t forget about Friday’s RWB event. WOD with Warriors is a functional fitness tribute workout held twice a year on Veterans and Memorial Day at gyms all throughout the country.
Check out the Facebook page for the event:
Fitness & performance:
30 Clean and Jerks (135/95)
Run 1 Mile
10 Rope Climbs
Run 1 Mile
*Compare to 9/1/2014
Former U.S. Navy SEAL Glen Doherty, 42, of Winchester, Massachusetts, assigned to a State Department security detail in Benghazi, Libya, died in an attack on a U.S. consulate on September 11, 2012. He is survived by his parents, Ben and Barbara, sister Katie, and brother Greg.