Coaching with Ballston CrossFit since June 2013.
I have been a swimmer most of my life, but after swimming on the D1 level and graduating, I became somewhat jaded (and probably burnt out) about athletics. I lifted weights frequently (and tried many different programs), and biked, but I would often become bored and/or discouraged with my progress or the program.
I was thinking about starting CrossFit in 2012, and then Tucker opened BCF two blocks from my house, so I had no more excuses not to try it out. CrossFit has really changed my views on fitness, as there is constant variation coupled with high intensity and competition, which really drives me to perform at my best. I have really seen my body composition change over my time at BCF, and feel that I am probably fitter than I was as a college swimmer since my overall strength and injury resistance has drastically improved through constant drilling of proper technique and execution. BCF is a fantastic place to make a huge shift in your level of fitness and overall outlook on life. If you’re fitter, you’re going to be happier and perform better everywhere, whether that’s in the box or at work!
I hold the following certifications:
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer, CF-L2
- CrossFit Powerlifting
- Weightlifting (USAW) Level 1 Sport Performance Coach
- Burgener Strength Weightlifting L1
- CrossFit Gymnastics
- CrossFit Nutrition 1 Course
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility
- CrossFit Kettlebell
- CrossFit Coaching the Aging Athlete Certificate
- CrossFit Anatomy Certificate
- Coached by US Olympian Cara Heads (http://www.chfitnessandperformance.com/)