5 Year Member Highlight: Gary Greenfest
– How many days a week do you workout (and typically what time slot)?
When I had more time 3-5 x per week in the afternoon (5:30pm).
– What is your favorite thing about BCF?
The community, friendly competition, as well as the quality of the coaching which can’t be minimized.
– What is your favorite movement/workout? Least favorite?
My favorite workout is one that involves technique, strength, and cardio; traditional Crossfit movements with a run. Crossfit Total is NOT my strength, no pun intended.
– What is your favorite post WOD meal?
Burger and shake (earn the calories I just burned).
– What accomplishment are you most proud of (inside or outside the box)?
It has to be just starting Crossfit to begin with after not having any lifting background whatsoever. I missed the competitiveness of playing sports and getting back into something with similar characteristics was rewarding.
– What is one goal you would like to accomplish in the next year?
Keeping the injuries low and just keep going.
– What advice can you provide to people new to the box?
Taking the time to learn the correct techniques will pay off in the long run.
50/40 Calories for time
Compare to 10/29/18
Work 3:00/Rest 1:00
10 Push Jerk (135/95) (Fx: 95/65) (Rx+: 165/115)
3 Bar Muscle Ups (Fx: C2B) (Rx+: 5 Bar Muscle Ups)
Athletes pick up where they left off on each work period.