Coaching since December 2018.
With Ballston CrossFit since May 2019.
After spending 6 years in the Army, I decided to leave to be able to dedicate more time to my family. The transition from Army life to civilian life in 2016 left me seeking purpose different than just country. I was always extremely active in the military, always able to push myself for no other reason beside not wanting to let my fellow brothers in arms down. Upon leaving the military, it was hard to find that internal drive until I found CrossFit. I had always loved the traditional body building style of training while in the military, but always found myself needing something more. I always heard people talk about CrossFit but never really understood the obsession until I tried it myself.
CrossFit helped me find my way after leaving the military. I started to feel happier, healthier and found that same drive that allows me to push myself and get uncomfortable. I decided that I really wanted to share what CrossFit did for me with others, so I decided to pursue becoming a CrossFit Coach. CrossFit has improved my life in so many aspects and I want to show people how powerful CrossFit really is. When I’m not working out, coaching, or in class I am chasing after my two amazing sons or spending time with my wife. I am very excited to get to know and learn from the whole community at BCF and look forward to sharing my LOVE and passion for a positive and more productive lifestyle!
I hold the following qualifications:
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer, CF-L1
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer, CF-L2
- The Gymnastics Course
- USA Weightlifting Level 1 Sports Performance Coach
- The Burgener Strength Weightlifting L1
- Burgener Mobility for Weightlifting Workshop
- CrossFit Aerobic Capacity
- Participated in CH Fitness & Performance 12-week Coaches Academy led by Olympian Cara Heads
- Power Monkey Fitness Gymnastics Seminar- Coached by Olympian Dave Durante
- Power Monkey Fitness Weightlifting Seminar- Coached by Mike Cerbus and Olympian Cheryl Haworth
- Bachelor of Science – Kinesiology (George Mason University- In progress)