Sign up now for a body comp DEXA scan (March 10)! This is the most accurate body scan on the market and you only have to pay $69 for the scan ($149 value!!). Members and non-members are welcome to sign up.
Step 1: Pay $69 for the DEXA Scan on Zen Planner (or click here on our website: http://ballstoncrossfit.com/get-started/)
Step 2: Click here to reserve your time slots on March 10 (You will need to add the next time slot in a ten minute increment):
What is a DEXA scan?
Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DEXA or DXA) uses a low-dose x-ray to measure fat mass,
lean mass and bone mineral content within the body. The scan takes only 6 minutes to
complete and is the most comprehensive and least invasive body composition method
DEXA provides significant advantages over traditional body comp methods including:
● Most accurate method available, with an error rate of only 1-2%
● Three component model that distinguishes between fat mass, lean mass and bone
mineral content in the body
● Provides regional analysis of your body including how much lean mass vs fat mass your
arms, legs, trunk, android and gynoid regions are composed of
● Compares left and ride side analysis of lean and fat mass in the arms, legs and trunk
regions to monitor for imbalances due to overuse or injury
● Includes total body bone density analysis to assess Osteoporosis risk
● Does not require removal of clothing
● Does not require dietary restrictions such as fasting or eliminating water/caffeine intake
Knowing your individual body composition is a powerful tool!
★ Pinpoint exact fat loss and muscle gain in response to diet/exercise changes
★ Optimize your training to suit your body’s specific needs
★ Check your bone density and risk for osteoporosis
★ Scan regularly to quantify your improvements